Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I hate Comcast, but little less this time

When I received my latest Comcast internet bill, I noticed my monthly internet cost has gone up from $54.99 to $82.99 for the Blast tier service.  The current download speed for Blast tier is 100Mbps.  The bill indicated the Performance tier would be $69.99 per month.  The current download speed for Performance tier is 50Mbps.   In order to save few bucks I want to downgrade my service back to Performance tier but I dread to call Comcast due to previous unpleasant experience.

When I call Comcast to downgrade my internet service, I was pleasantly surprised to talk to a very cheerful service reps.  I told her I want to downgrade my internet service to Performance tier due to the high cost, she offered me the current internet promotion.  She said the current offer for Blast tier is $69.99 per month and Performance tier is $59.99 per month.  She also said that the Blast download speed is 150Mbps and download speed for Performance is 75Mbps.  She even offered free cable TV with the $59.99 Performance service.  In order not to deal with Comcast, I declined all the offers and just change to Performance internet only service.  I just don't want to deal with cable box and another remote control, and then have to call them to cancel cable TV service later on.

I really hate the Comcast confusing service levels and  promotions. I also hate the annual price increase. Unless you beg, you don't get the lower price.  I was surprised to get the lower price without begging this time, I guess I was lucky to talk to a cheerful person.  All the people I deal with on the Comcast toll free number before gave me the impression they were either inpatient or grumpy, or hate their job.  Anyway, I am still looking forward to sign up the gigabit internet service offered by our city next year.  The charter price will be $49.99 per month for as long as I stay in the current address.  My advice to Comcast is to simplify your pricing and have more cheerful service reps.

This AskBob article mentioned the Colorado municipal broadband.

My history dealing with Comcast.

I hate Comcast

I hate Comcast, continue

Bye Bye Comcast cable TV


1 comment:

  1. It is very important for the doctors to identify the Symptoms of Retinitis Pigmentosa in order to diagnose it and advise the most accurate Treatment of Retinitis Pigmentosa to help patients get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete